What you need:
- 600g/1lb 6oz Plain Flour
- 300g/11oz Butter (room temperature)
- 300g/11oz Caster Sugar
- 2 medium Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Instant Icing
- Coloured Writing Icing
- Silver/Gold Christmas Balls (optional)
- Christmas Cutters Stars, Trees, Snowmen etc.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease large flat baking trays.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until dough is formed. Divide into 2 balls, wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 3-4mm. Cut with cutters of choice. Dip the cutters into flour before each use.
- Arrange cookies on prepared tins/trays and bake in a central oven position for about 12 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to wire tray to cool.
- When cold decorate as you choose!