What you need:
- 125g/4oz Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 300ml/½pt Milk
- Oil for frying
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break in the egg and add about a third of the milk. Beat well, gradually pouring in the rest of the milk and drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When the pan is hot, give the batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto the pan.
- Fry until golden brown. Turn and fry the other side until brown also.
- Stack pancakes on a large plate, as they are cooked.
- Fill with fresh fruit and drizzle with maple syrup, or choose one of our other delicious sweet or savoury fillings below. Enjoy!
Tasty Filling Suggestions:
- Dust with Caster Sugar, add a squeeze of lemon juice, roll up and serve
- Drizzle with Honey and top with Nuts or Chopped Almonds
- Fresh fruit served with natural yoghurt and whipped cream
- Stewed apples, flavoured with cinnamon and a dollop of fresh cream
- Top with chocolate spread or Chocolate Chips and a scoop of icecream
- Diced chicken with salsa sauce
- Cottage cheese and sliced pineapple
- Poached egg and Hollandaise sauce